Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Poker Face and a three-person rumba at Blackpool Congress

I love creative dance routines.

The Blackpool Congress is the last place I would expect to see a cha cha and tango to Poker Face. For a minute, I thought the author had switched the music, but after hearing the applause, I realized it was real.

Here is a Latin couple and another standard couple (who I don't know the name of) dancing the tango.



Another favourite of mine is Bryan Watson, Carmen Vincelj and Hans Galke doing a three-person rumba at the Blackpool Congress in 2007

I love the song and the story of this piece. It was Bryan and Carmen's last year competing at Blackpool, so it was particularly moving.



That wasn't the first three-person dance routine, but I thought it was done particularly well and the choreography I thought was very thoughtful.

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure that's not Franco Formica and Oxana Lebedew in the first video you link to. I don't know who they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Upon looking closely at his face, you are right.

    Thanks you!

    ReplyDelete