Monday, October 8, 2012

Are Franco Formica and Olga Muller in trouble?

Finally videos of Franco Formica and Olga Muller are up! Watching them...I have to wonder if this pair is in trouble.

The pair will be competing tomorrow at the International Championships...so I can't wait to post the results!

Here is their rumba:




The Youtube comments have not been very positive. There have been many remarks that her age has limited her flexibility and that Olga is not as good as Oxana was. There have also been people saying it looks very pro-am...with Franco being the Pro! I have to say I do prefer Oxana, as I think her technique allowed Franco to be more creative with the choreography. I found their choreography less dynamic and interesting.

To me, this partnership looks reminds me of the one that Slavik had with Hanna. I think Olga just hasn't danced for a while and this does show. Her technique is different from the younger girls and when you watch her rumba, you can see she takes smaller steps and her back is less flexible. But at 40 her dancing is still quite good.

The only question is whether this pair is good enough to crack the top three in world competitions. My prediction is that this pair will end up in 6th place or the semi-finals. However, given that Melia doesn't have perfect technique, yet her and Sergey are ranked well, maybe Franco and Olga have what it takes!

I absolutely adore Franco and I had hoped this partnership would be dynamic, but I have to say I am a bit disappointed.

Do you guys disagree with my analysis? Let me know!

Other videos:

Samba:


Jive:


Paso:

2 comments:

  1. Maybe they're saving the good stuff for competition time. Olga was simply amazing (speed, flexibility, etc.) just last year:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDJc9MpnOas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi RayRay,

    She did look better last year!

    The results for the internationals just came out and and Franco and Olga only placed in the top 32nd. I have no doubt that Franco would be disappointed with that result! I hope he does better in future competitions!

    Best,
    Ballroom Dance Gossip

    ReplyDelete