Friday, October 12, 2012

Internationals 2012: Very disappointing result for Franco and Olga; Riccardo and Yulia beat Michal and Joanna!

Riccardo and Yulia end up on top!!!

As I had predicted....results confirm that Franco Formica and Olga Muller-Omelchenko finished outside of the finals at the International Championships 2012. They 16th! For me that is absolutely shocking! Franco is undoubtedly one of the best eligible men on the dance floor and I am pretty sure he would be disappointed with this result. I will keep everyone updated on the status of their partnership, but with this result, I am predicting that they will part ways soon. With Olga's age, I can't foresee this partnership even lasting beyond another 2 years.

It seems that Oxana and Franco did the best paired up together...as Ilia and her also placed in the top 32nd. I was very sad with the end of that partnership 

I truly hope that Franco continues to compete nonetheless. I can see he is at his prime and with the right partner he will undoubtedly make the final again!

On other surprising note Riccardo and Yulia beat Michal and Joanna and finished in 1st place! I prefer the direction of Riccardo and Yulia, as I think they put more emphasis on the artistry of dance and are softer in their lines. I think the result is a fair one.

It seems that Maurzio and Andra are starting to consistently beat Andrej Skufca and Melinda as Maurizo and Andra finished in 4th and Andrej and Melinda finished in 5th. I have a feeling Andrej and Melinda will also be somewhat disappointing with that result.

I am very happy that Stefano Di Filippo & Dariya Chesnokova placed 6th overall! Very strong result for the pair and I have a feeling that in a few years Stefano will be in the top three. 

So it looks like age is starting to matter in the Professional ranks of dancesport. Olga's technique just cannot compete with girls half her age. From videos I have watched, it also looks like age is catching up with Andrej Skufca and perhaps this is why he was beaten by Maurizio and Andra (Andra is very young!). 

So what does everyone think? I think the results show a huge shake up in the rankings and age is definitely starting to matter. Though when I see Bryan Watson performing now, he is still amazing!! 





7 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Do you know if the 2012 World Latin Championships (Oct. 19-20) will be televised on eurosport or zdf?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi electricblue,

    I am so sorry, but I have no idea! I hope you watch it either way! Let me know if the results are what you had expected.

    Best,
    Ballroom Dance Gossip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok thanks,

    I'm happy because Riccardo & Yulia won!! The results were posted already.

    http://www.wdcdance.com/downloads/2012worldslatin/2010_world_prolat/index.htm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bryan Watson performing??where??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi electricblue,

      Thank you for letting me know about the results for WDC World championships! I posted a blog post about it!

      C.S. Lim, Bryan Watson and Carmen still perform occasionally! They were at Dance Legends in New York last April!

      Delete
  5. Merkur 23C HD Safety Razor - TiMetalArts
    The Merkur 23C is a stylish classic safety ecm titanium razor. The Merkur ford escape titanium for sale 23C is one of the most popular brands in the Merkur line of microtouch solo titanium safety razor welding titanium blades. titanium exhaust wrap It has a

    ReplyDelete