Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Maksim Chmerkovskiy is the new Bachelor (in Ukraine)

I guess Karina Smirnoff really broke Maksim Chermkovskiy's heart...so much so that Dancing the Star pro is looking for love on reality TV. Maks is now filming the Ukrainian "The Bachelor" with a bunch of single ladies vying for his attention.

When I read this I thought...really Maks, you couldn't get a date the normal way? 

But he says he has his reasons for doing the show.

"I'm going into this with a thought of 'why not?'. I know it’s hard to find someone you can connect to on a project like this, but nothing is impossible. For the sake of the show I can't reveal anything, but I must say I am very pleasantly surprised so far. "

He also adds "This is the first thing in a VERY LONG TIME that I'm doing for ME. For the first time I don't really care what people think. First time that I'm not being 'judged', 'placed' or 'criticized' (well, maybe criticized, but you know what I mean)."
 
He turned down ABC's American Bachelor to do it in his native Ukrainian.

I am surprised he would go down this route with the swarms of women in real life who would love date him, but I wish him the best with love.

But from what I know about "The Bachelor," the love looks good onTV, but fails to translate in real life.

Here's a video in Ukrainian with him on the show.


No comments:

Post a Comment