Sunday, December 12, 2010

Officially the best: Yulia and Riccardo are now the 2010 World Champions!

Been late with reporting this, but needed to say it anyways.



Yulia Zagorouitchenko and Riccardo Cocchi beat Joanna Leunis and Michal Malitowski at the WDC World Championships last month!

My opinion: Yulia and Riccardo are the deserving winners. I am watched them grow and progress to become one of the most mesmerizing couples of all time. For me, the diamond in the partnership is Yulia. I mean Riccardo is great, but Yulia is just perfection. She is strong, fierce, yet is very soft in her movement at the same time. They are a great pair.  In addition, every year, they come up with new routines at competitions, while Michal and Joanna have been dancing the same ones for years. I like couples that can take risks in their dancing.


The catch is...this year Yulia and Riccardo switched teachers. Riccardo had a romantic relationship with Shirley Ballas, but that ended this year. Yulia also broke with her ex-partner and long-time fiancé, Maxim Kozhevnikov. The rumour is that Riccardo and Yulia are dating.

Their new coach is Donnie Burns, who is also the head of the WDC (World Dance Council). Like I said, I think they deserve it, but politics is rampant in dancesport. I wonder if they wouldn't have won the title earlier if they had had Donnie as a coach earlier.

It will be interesting to see if they continue their winning strike to really overtake Michal and Joanna in the future. It does make dancesport less predictable and more exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment