Monday, December 13, 2010

Underrated, nearly forgotten...but really amazing: Dmitry Timokhin and Anna Bezikova

I was on Youtube, like always. I am a Youtube, ballroom dancer stalker.

But I came across videos of Dmitry Timokhin and Anna Bezikova, who are just phenomenal. Even though the videos are from 2001, even compared to dancers today, their choreography is fresh and very current. I love Anna especially with her cha cha flicks and her samba rolls. Anna retired in 2005 and Dmitry danced with Karina Smirnoff and Natalia Petrova. He retired last year.

I feel as when they were at the top amateur wise, they always overshadowed by Andrej Skufca and Katarina Venturini. When they were the professional, Karina and Slavik got most of the attention.

Nonetheless, I think they are amazing. Even looking at their routine ten years ago, I think it could beat  most amateurs right now. Her cha cha leg actions are wow!


No comments:

Post a Comment